Hold Yer Horses

Ideas and musings by a horse owner. A glimpse at life with horses on a daily basis and some advice and hard learned truths for those traveling and thinking about traveling the Pet Horse road.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

The New Spread

So my husband and I have bought our first house. We spent the last month moving in with our two little girls in tow. Of the 25-plus cats that we had before, my husband allowed only one in the new place. So of course we took our little Siamese fluff ball, Cassie, and that's it for pets. (Other than a couple of fish tanks and some rather weird fish.)

The horses will be along soon, or whenever we can get our little pasture ready. I can hardly wait! I miss my babies (I wonder do they miss me?) The problem is this confounded winter weather! We barely got moved in when the snow came and the ground froze, which was actually something we were waiting for: no more mud! However, the biting cold temperatures make working outside a bit less than pleasant.

Overall, though, I'm excited. There is much to do to get the house in order and, of course, there's meeting the neighbors. We were fortunate to find a house that is actually in a neighborhood with lots of small children to play with my kids. But also, all of the houses on this side of the street (on the outskirts of a small subdivision) have huge lots that are zoned for two horses each. It's odd moving horses and hay into a normal "neighborhood." We're so used to living out in the country. But it's growing on me as we've broached the subject of our horses with the neighbors. No one seems to mind or care; in fact since moving in I've discovered horses across from us, directly behind us, and within a block on either side of us.

So, I think it'll be fun having my babes just outside my window - and only them! My chores will go so much faster with just my two horses instead of ten! Of course, right now "grandma" is babysitting them for me, so I have no horse-related chores at all. In this cold weather, I'm really appreciating that!

I hope all you horse-people are enjoying my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. As I've said before, because I've been so busy the last month or so, I haven't been able to post as often as I'd like. I have found some sponsors, however, to help me to keep my blog going. Please support my efforts by checking out Risk Management Jobs, especially if you or someone you know is currently looking for employment or would like to post an online resume.

If you take or have taken Vioxx, or know someone who has, take a look at this site for a free case evaluation and possible Vioxx lawsuit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home