Hold Yer Horses

Ideas and musings by a horse owner. A glimpse at life with horses on a daily basis and some advice and hard learned truths for those traveling and thinking about traveling the Pet Horse road.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Home, Sweet Home

Hooray! My horses have come home. I'm so happy to be able to look out the window of our new house and see my babies out there. The property was not set up for horses and although my husband and I put up a horse fence and repaired some existing fencing, I'm not terribly satisfied as yet.

The previous owners used the back of the property as a mini-junkyard. There are old refrigerators, motorcycles, snowmobiles, a pickup camper shell, and who-knows-what strewn about. We don't have a truck or any other readily available means to haul this crap away, so we're trying to make some arrangements. Right now, with the wet and muddy weather, no one seems eager to try to get a truck back there.

Here in Idaho I often see horses standing in fields full of junk and up to now I have felt a bit superior. I never thought I would knowingly expose my horses to such dangers. I was fully prepared to begin doctoring cuts and scrapes the night I brought my guys home, and yet, knock on wood, they seem to have more sense than I gave them credit for. They've adjusted to their new environment just fine and seem to enjoy being in a neighborhood where there is always something going on for them to watch.

As yet, I'm not riding because of a) the mud and b) I don't want to fall off onto hard or sharp objects. Obviously we don't have the convenience of a riding arena anymore.

So, yes, I'm having some buyer's remorse revolving around having moved off my in-laws' place. (Yes, I know, I need to be looking at Mother's Day Gift Baskets.) I miss the arena, the use of the trucks, the ability to rotate pastures, and the barn.

And yet, we're so relieved and happy to be on our own, in our own place, and taking care of our own horses. I have so many plans for making this place really nice; if the mud would just dry out!

I'll keep you posted... literally! Aren't blogs great? Did you know you can make money blogging? It's true. Different companies will pay you to insert links to their websites and products within your blog content. For example, if you are writing about your husband's low-rider, you can insert an auto insurance link and get paid for it! This is a great way to earn money creatively while doing what you love to do.

Now, if you want to include a link that really has nothing to do with your weblog content, you can identify this link as one of your sponsors. So, even though this post has no wedding content in it, I can identify Cheap Wedding Favors as my sponsor, and encourage you, my loyal reader, to take a peak at some really unique wedding and reception ideas and goodies.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home