Hold Yer Horses

Ideas and musings by a horse owner. A glimpse at life with horses on a daily basis and some advice and hard learned truths for those traveling and thinking about traveling the Pet Horse road.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Spring Has Sprung

Ever notice how everything seems new at springtime? Even things you've had for years that were packed away all winter seem new. We're unpacking my daughters' summer toys, wagons, bikes, and battery powered cars that were hidden in a horse trailer all winter and they just think it's Christmas.

As I drive down our road I see my neighbor's horses with their new foals, the calves scampering with each other. We even have new kittens in the barn (as if we need any more cats). I just love baby animals! Unfortunately, the only mare we were expecting a foal from this year, one of the Thoroughbreds, lost it a couple of months ago so this is the first year in ages that I don't have a baby to work with. I am missing it now, looking at the babies in nearby fields and I have to keep reminding myself how much work they turn into so quickly.

But with spring in the air, everything seems light and easy. The fruit trees are budding and we're dumping grass cuttings over the fence for the horses from the suddenly growing lawn. Even my husband came home with a flat of pansies for our daughter to plant. There's gotta be something in the air.

I guess it must be spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home